Livestock welfare

When out and about in the countryside, people sometimes come across farm animals that are in poor condition, are unwell or are injured. These incidents should be reported to the local Trading Standards office. Groups should make members aware of this procedure and should provide them with the phone number of their local Trading Standards office.

You can look up details of your local Trading Standards office here.

If members discover environmental issues such as pollutants or fly tipping, they should contact the local Environmental Health office.